Dr. D'Souza is a Professor in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Director of Graduate Programs, the Director of Mercer Clinical Laboratory and Co-Director of the Center for Drug Delivery.
1. “Effect of Immunosuppressants Cyclosporine and Prednisolone on Drug Disposition”, University of Georgia, School of Pharmacy, October 1986.
2. “Effect of disease states - diabetes and arthritis, on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of cyclosporine in rats”. University of Georgia, School of Pharmacy, October 1988.
3. "Clinical Management of Transplant Patients". D’Souza, M.J., (Moderator and Speaker), Venkataramanan, R., and Solomon, H., Symposia, American Pharmaceutical Association Meeting (APhA Meeting), Atlanta, GA, March 1988.
4. “Use of monoclonal antibody treatment in treatment of gram positive and gram negative models of septic shock- evaluation of cytokine profiles”, D’Souza, M.J., (Main Speaker- Invited Speaker Symposium); Oliver, J. & Oettinger, C., Emory University, School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, April 1993
5. “Tumors and Cytokines”. Tata Memorial Cancer Center, Bombay India, December 1993.
6. “Use of monoclonal antibody treatment in organ transplantation- study of cytokine profiles”, D’Souza, M.J., (Main Speaker- Invited Speaker Symposium); Oliver, J. & Oettinger, C., – Emory University, School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, September 1993
7. “The use of microencapsulated monoclonal antibodies in septic shock and immunologic renal disease”. D’Souza, M.J., & Oettinger, C., Georgia Biomedical Research Partnership, Inc., Atlanta, GA, March 1994.
8. “Targeting strategies using Macrophages and Microcapsules”. Mercer University Board of Trustees Meeting. Mercer University, Macon, GA, April 1994
9. Cyclosporine - in autoimmune diseases- arthritis, diabetes and psoriasis symposium)” Hematology Congress Conference, Bombay, India, November 1994
10. “Targeted strategies using microcapsules and macrophages”. Glaxo Laboratories, Research Triangle, NC, October 1994
11. “Targeted strategies using macrophages and microencapsulated drugs”, (Inflammatory Cytokine Antagonists - Targets, Strategies and Indications), Cambridge Health Institute Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, October 1994
12. “Site specific microencapsulated drug targeting strategies to the liver and the gastrointestinal tract”. National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, October 1995.
13. “Preparation, evaluation and organ targeting of bioactive protein microspheres”. D’Souza, M.J., and Oettinger, C., Anergen Pharmaceuticals, San Jose, CA, September 1997
14. “Gene targeting of microencapsulated oligonucleotides”. D’Souza, M.J., and Oettinger, C., AVI Bio Pharma, Corvallis, Oregon, September 1999
15. “Oral and transdermal vaccines- formulation and preliminary testing of melanoma and breast cancer vaccines. Clark Atlanta University, Atlanta, Georgia, November 2009.
16. “Next Generation of Vaccines: Design and testing of oral influenza vaccines. Martin D’Souza and Sang-Moo Kang. Georgia Research Alliance-Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Roundtable Conference, at the CDC, February 26, 2010, Atlanta, GA,
17. “New Generation of Vaccines: “Smart Particle based Delivery of Vaccines and Bioactive Compounds via the Oral and Transdermal Routes” 2nd Annual Georgia Nanotechnology in Infectious Disease Symposium, Emory University, Atlanta, GA April 1, 2010, Atlanta, GA.